Achievements in 2011
- Knowledge and Innovation Centre (KIC) is established
with seed capital from ABIT Trust and Sri.Chinmay Das, Faculty and Head of
the Department, is the coordinator of KIC.
- Two research projects namely prototype of an improved
hand spinning machine (Charakha) and building materials
from garnet sand wastes are under developmental stage.
- The Department has conducted a Training Programme on
Industrial Safety for Indian Rare Earth Limited, Chatrapur on 20.04.2011.
- The Department in association with Extencore Solutions,
Pune is involved in advanced industry oriented skill development
programmes on use of software packages like AutoCAD,CATIA, ANSYS, etc.
Recent Value Added Activities by the Department
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) has been
conducted for the students of mechanical engineering students during the
month of October 2011 to inculcate the culture of entrepreneurship among
- One day industrial visit is undertaken to M/S Shiballoy
Multiplex, Bhubaneswar to provide real life experience on industrial
activities to final year students.
Our Shining Stars this year
- Two faculty members Sri Debabrata Barik and Sri Pravat
Ranjan Barik have completed their post graduate programme in thermal
engineering and also joined PhD programme at NIT,Rourkela.
- Sri Swapnendu Kumar Pradhani, a student of 2010 batch
has cleared GRE and has gone for MS programme in USA.